Sunday, August 2, 2009

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head....

And just like the man who's feet are too big for his bed, nothing seems to fit.....

Yeah, rain again! It was so nice yesterday and we had to pay for it with rain today. The sun finally started shining some time after dinner tonight but by that time already the day was almost gone, couldn't do much.

John made dinner today. He slow roasted ribs in the oven with BBQ sauce, oh it was amazing! He also made baked potatoes and corn on the cob! Then he made homemade bread pudding! It was awesome! It's so nice having a night off from cooking! I enjoy the meal so much more when I am not the one cooking it!

Speaking of that raindrops song. John laughs at me because sometimes there is something that just sparks a memory! I used to have this turquoise colored jukebox on my dresser when I was a little kid. One of the songs it played was Raindrops Keep Falling and I loved that song! I played it over and over and over again! That jukebox was also something that caused me major problems! I think a lot of my stomach issues go back to that jukebox! My Mom used to give me this cough syrup when I was little and I guess I really liked the taste of it. So one day dripping out of the jukebox was this amazing tasting cough syrup, or so I thought! So I sucked on the thing that it was coming out of....A BATTERY! My parents had to rush me to the doctor, I was so sick! I had to drink milk and milk and more milk...and maybe that is why I so hate milk to this day!? I don't know! I was about 4 years old at the time. When my Mom tells me stories about things I did, it actually reminds me a lot of Victoria. She's getting better though, it only took 13 years!

One week from tomorrow I go to see Blondie! I can't wait! I am so excited!!!! I have been waiting my whole life for this! Yeah...maybe she's in her 60's but I still think the music is amazing and I still listen to it all the time! I can't wait til next Monday!

I have a good start now on school shopping. We still need more but I have a good start. Old Navy was having a sale so I was able to get all of Alex's and Nikolas' shorts and pants there. Well I am short one pair of pants because they didn't have their size but for the first few weeks I am sure they will be wearing shorts and if need be, I can always run to Children's Place or order online. They do need a few more polos though...Nikolas only has three and Alex also has three. I have two pairs of Bermuda shorts and two pairs of capris for each of the girls and all their polos, but I still need to get them pants. I have a 30% off coupon for Aero for this week so hopefully I can get up there and that problem will be solved. I got all the kids their sneakers. Nikolas picked out a pair I certainly wouldn't have picked out but he loved them and I figured he's starting kindergarten, he should have a say. They are a pair of Sketcher's cop cars and they light up! I guess that's pretty exciting when you are 5 yrs old! I can't believe in less than a month it's just going to be Gabriella home with me. I am wondering what life is going to feel like because I honestly can't remember the last time I only had one home with me.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment