Saturday, August 22, 2009

Looks like we made it....

Well we finally made it to the amusement park. I have to admit, it wasn't looking good. On the way there we hit a heavy downpour. The kids road for like an hour and a 1/2 and then the skies opened up. It was so grey that there was no clearing in sight! So we had lunch and by the time lunch was over it was clearing up. The rest of the day was beautiful! We had a great time! There was hardly anyone on the rides after the rain, so it turned out to be a really great day to be there! They kids were basically walking right on everything except for the coasters.

I rode my first coasters since the high blood pressure. John hasn't wanted me to ride but Alex really wanted to go on them and the one can be pretty wicked so I wasn't ready to let him go on alone yet. I don't want to deny him that and John is pretty much terrified of coasters so I went on.....and I forgot how much I love coasters! I road the one with Alex, then I rode it again with Victoria and then I rode the other one with Alex and Dominic rode that one with Victoria.

I have to say I am very proud of Shaina. A little girl was seated next to her on the thrill coaster (not big dips, but fast and wicked...not really a little kids ride). Apparently she was right at the height requirement but they did leave her on....she was so thin though. Anyway the coaster started and at one point she was going to fall out. Shaina grabbed her and held on to her through the rest of the ride. I am so proud of Shaina. Proud that she thought that much of someone else to do that for them and proud that she could think so quick in an emergency. Sometimes they amaze me. I guess maybe we are raising them right? I hope so!

Today and tomorrow look like rain again....big surprise! I will probably get out and do some grocery shopping. I went to that new store that opened the other night. It's a restaurant supply place but it's opened to the public. I got amazing deals and the stuff was really good too! I am set with meat for a while. I would like to get up there today though and get some more fresh produce.

I guess that's it for now!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment