Friday, August 7, 2009

Officially Registered

The kids are officially registered at the school. Yesterday I took the two girls there to register them. This summer has flown by so fast. I knew this day was coming but last September it was almost a yr away. Then at Christmas it was at least 6 months away. Then in May I thought I have til August. Now August was here and I thought I better just jump in and do this. I am sad because I am closing a chaper of our lives but happy for their new adventures. Keeping them home and protected isn't everything. They want to make friends, they want to go to dances and sporting events and that's the part of school I used to enjoy the most. It's not fair that I got to experience all that and they aren't. So I am going in with a positive attitude and I hope we have a great year!

I think we are ready clothes wise too. I went to two Aeropostale's yesterday to finish up with what they needed. Both of the girls wear the same size so I exhausted the supply of khaki pants at the first one but they held the rest at the other one for me. I went through everything and I am one shirt short for Alex. I went to Old Navy, Children's Place, Boscov's....nobody has them in Alex's size! Well I do have one option which is white but I didn't want to go that route, I don't think white is the best color for Alex! It may be my only choice though, so we shall see.

Today Dominic and Alex have dental check ups and cleanings. I have no idea why but Dominic hates the dentist. It's not like he ever had anything done period, let alone anything tramatic. He has had one tiny cavity his entire life! He thought it was a conspiracy from the dentist. That she needed to fill someone's tooth and because he never before had a cavity, he was a good target for her evil plan. I tried to explain to him I am not taking him to some mad dentist who feels the need to fill teeth and targets unsuspecting, healthy teeth of children! He's so warped sometimes! So I put off telling him that he has to go today and he goes into the shower mumbling something and now he probably will be in a bad mood all morning. Let's just pray she doesn't find another cavity! I might just need to take some medication for that result!

Tonight I guess he finds out if he gets his promotion. Second promotion this year. I am nervous for him. He feels good about it, however I don't...I just don't think they are going to let a 16 yr old hold that position. I know he's responsible, a good worker, never misses time but fact is he is still only 16. I hope I am wrong thoughf or his sake. He has great self esteem with this job. I am happy for him, he's so responsible!

It looks like a gorgeous day out! When we get back from the dentist, I think I am going to go out in the pool with the kids. I have decided I am not going to cook tonight. I am going to just order out! I can play all day then! :) Ok, well maybe not all day. I do have some cleaning to do and I want to get some laundry done too. Laundry...argh, there is always more laundry! I think laundry is in the rabbit family because it multiplies like them!

Well off to get a few things done before the trip to the "Mad Dentist"!
Have a great Friday everyone!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. yay for not cooking (I didn't cook last night either!) Hope it was good news for Dominic last night.

    ReplyDelete