Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All Good Things....

Must come to an end? Isn't that how the saying goes?

I drove the kids to John's Mom's house today (well all except for Shaina who isn't feeling well and Dominic who had work). Victoria and Alex stayed and spent the day with her and John and I went back to pick them up tonight. They really enjoy their time with her. They didn't get to see her all the time because she worked really crazy hours but not she's retired and they are really enjoying their time with her. Still all good things must end and this will be the last week they will see her before school starts. Crazy...school starts one week from today! One week by now their first day will be over and we will be getting ready for day two. Oh I am anxious, probably more than they are! Oh we got a principal I heard! So that's a good thing. I don't think we have a vice-principal yet though.

Along with the end of summer also come the end to Dominic's job. He really liked working there. He had some very good experiences. He got two promotions and raises which was great for his self esteem and well I am super proud of him! He says he wants to go back again next yr. April seems so far away at this point but thinking about the last few years I realize that April will probably be here before we know it!

I think it will be time to close the pool soon. I refuse to wait as long as I did last year! I was freezing out there closing it! I know once the kids go back to school and add in homework they really won't have a lot of time to be in it. I also know how cold the nights are going to be getting and it will just start to be too cold to go in it. Oh, this summer was kind of a lousy one weather wise, worst one I remember......EVER!

Gabriella stepped on a piece of glass at John's Mom's house tonight. She looks ok. I put some antibiotic ointment on it and a big band-aid. This is like my Boo Boo kid. That's what her nickname should be...Boo Boo but Nikolas already gave her a nickname. He calls her Ice Cream. Why? I have no clue! He said she is Ice Cream and he is Mr. Big Head. That I can understand. That kid has a huge head. Honestly! It hardly fits through the holes in his shirt! We laugh about it all the time! Hopefully one day he will grow into that head!

Well I guess that's about it. America's Got Talent is almost on now. Yeah, it's kind of a lame show but I like it. I have a few favorites. I really like the auditions. Some people are so strange!
Happy Hump Day!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment