Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Spooky Story

Ok, this isn't a scary story unless you take into account the fact that I think the cat might just be a little more intelligent than I am! Then it's scary!

So the cat had something against my couch since we moved into this house. I did read somewhere that a cat would rather stay with their home than move with their people. That they prefer to replace their people before their environment. I do believe that is true with Spooky. He tolerates us. We are here to serve him. Nothing more! Ok, back to the couch story. He basically destroyed my couch. I always said I wasn't going to get a new couch until he was dead, but let's face it, that's not too realistic! So I got a new couch. Well he isn't very happy. He looked miserable the day the new couch got here. I think that if it was possible and he possessed opposable thumbs he would have certainly killed us! He used to always lay on the back of the couch and look out the big picture window. He has now chosen a recliner that has been in the house. Right before he jumps in it, guess what he does. He digs at it! Well this isn't going to happen again! No way! So I decided to teach him a lesson. Every time he gets in it and digs first, I will teach him that if he disrespects the furniture then he won't be able to sit in it! All this cat does anymore is eat, sleep and use the litter box! What a life! I don't know, maybe I am jealous! Well OK, not the litter box part but the other stuff! Back to the story. The other night every time he would scratch at the chair I would get up off the couch, go over and remove him from the chair. I must think he is very intelligent because I would also have a conversation with him and explain that when he disrespects the chair, he will not sit in it! Either I don't speak cat well or he just ignores me (much as the children often do) and continued to do the same thing. So every time he did that I got up and placed him on the floor. This went on for quite a while and I really got exhausted from it. So I decided to sit in his chair! Ok, so the chair is pretty comfortable. I fell asleep in the chair. I probably slept there for 2 hours and I heard John shutting the things off to go to bed so I woke up. Well what do you think I find!? I almost jumped right out of the chair. Here he is sitting on top of me now, staring me down. Ok, the cat lacks balls since he is neutered, but WHAT BALLS! He showed me! If he couldn't directly sit on his chair, he was just going to sit on me sitting on his chair! The big question burning inside my head right now is......How long do cats live!?
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment