Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Comcast REALLY Sucks!

Ok, so I go online to pay my bill yesterday. Just when I am at a neutral feeling about Comcast they manage to set me over the edge again! I go online to pay the bill and as usual I check everything out to make sure it is OK. What do I find? Two "assistance fees" at $4.95 a piece. They were dated for the day I had all that misery with them. If you want to refresh yourself, just check the post saying COMCAST SUCKS! So I call Comcast. I need to find out what these are for because there is no way I am paying them! They put me through hell and back that day. My day was consumed with them and their problems from like 7:30 in the morning til right before dinner! So I call and I manage to get a lady that sounds like she has the Swine Flu she's so sick! Well she said they must have assisted you that day. I said, yes, they did....they assisted in driving me CRAZY! I don't think I should have to pay for that! I then told her the whole story and told her that they should be paying me for all the aggravation I went through and gas I used! I said there was no way I was paying those fees and they could remain on my account until the day I die! In the end she did remove them or so she says. She told me to watch my next bill so the computer doesn't put them on again. So now I get it, Comcast isn't run by humans, it's run by a super computer....out to rule the world! I knew something else had to be going on with them. It couldn't be that complicated to just watch cable TV!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    Let me look into this for you and find out exactly what the charges are for. I will also make sure that the charges are not placed on your account.

    Will you please send me the phone number on the account so that I can look into this?

    I am really sorry for all the troubles we caused.

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete