Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sleepless in....

Old Forge? Yes, it's true. The house is quiet and I can't sleep. I am kind of paying right now for a big meal I ate tonight. I knew the Creme Brulee was going to do me in and yet I couldn't resist.

Had an amazing meal tonight! We went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Oh the calamari was the best I think I have had! The steak was perfect, the potatoes were awesome and the dessert, well to die for (and I am doing that now!) Oh gosh though, so worth it!!!!

Dom and I went to Aeropostale and got the girls some cami's and he also got two t-shirts. The guy recognizes me when I come in now, you know when the guy at Aero recognizes you, that you spend way too much time there! Gosh I got some great deals though! I had a 30% off coupon so that really helped with the back to school clothes! Gosh we needed so much this yr. With the exception of Dominic...everyone needed, well....everything! It's expensive to go to school!

On the way home we stopped at McDonald's and had a sweet tea. I enjoy some time alone with him. I love their sweet tea! He got his school schedule today and he wasn't thrilled at first. Then I told him that there was nothing bad on there (like Honors Spanish, which they originally wanted to give him). I did have a conversation with the guidance counselor and said that he would be in honors Spanish over my dead body...then I proceeded to tell him that it didn't matter what he got in place of that, put him in Home Ec. , just don't put him in H. Spanish! Well guess what he got!? You got it....Home Ec! I felt I had to break the news to him that I actually said put him in there instead of Spanish but I didn't think that the G.C. was going to take it so literally! Oh well, lesson learned for next yr! I could probably call and get him out but then it's going to rearrange his whole schedule and in the end he said he would just take the elective, hey, it beats Spanish, right? What's the worst thing that can happen!? He's the only guy in with a bunch of girls? Oh I am sure that would be horrible to him! When I put it that way he seemed to really be OK with Home Ec! Maybe he will be Mr. Homemaker.....nah, I don't think so! :) Maybe he will learn to appreciate more what I do every day around here!

He worked tonight. They had some kind of movie night. They asked him if he would work and he accepted. He sure likes making money!

Well it's getting late and I should be sleeping but right now it's just not going to happen. I am here with Spooky, John's cat. Yeah, I call him John's cat since I am much more of a dog person, yet I don't see any dogs hanging out with me here at 1:30 in the morning....oh no, they know enough to get some sleep! I hope that everyone had a great Saturday!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment