Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Homecoming, School Pics, Sixers and Snow



It's homecoming week this week so all kinds of fun things are planned at school for the kids. Today is dress in your favorite team attire. Ok, Dominic does have a favorite team, as you can see, it's the 76'ers. The girls could care less about sports, but since Dominic has so many Sixers jerseys, today their favorite team is also the 76'ers!


Apparently there are a ton of kids absent at the school. I kind of knew it when I dropped the kids off yesterday. It was like a ghost town there compared to what it's usually like. I know we just got over something but I am dreading the next bout that might hit. I know I can't keep them in a bubble, but still I am a mother and I worry.


Today is also school picture day at the elementary school. It was also gym day and they want them to wear their gym clothes to school. Well I don't want a school picture in a gym uniform so they have their dress clothes on instead. It's amazing it's also not taco day or spaghetti day! Why not do that on school picture day too? The boys saw Dominic (who always has to close his eyes for pictures, how annoying!) and the girls getting their pictures taken, so Nikolas wanted to be in one too.
Oh and now on to the snow part! Yes, I turn on the news (why do I watch that?) and they said that there might be 2 inches of snow tomorrow. It's too early for this. I also had to scrape my windows this morning. This reminds me of how much I hate fall and winter. I do think the leaves changing are so pretty, but those changing leaves are a reminder of things yet to come. They come so quickly anymore too it seems! I will sit here now and long for the spring because then right around the corner is summer, my favorite season of all! I am about ready to pack up and move south! I would be very happy with the memories of leaves changing and snow falling and much happier with the thought of no more winter coats, no more shoveling and no more scraping windows!
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment