Friday, October 9, 2009

A Box!

We got a delivery today. It is a new furnace. Our furnace works, but it is as old as the house so we figured we might as well replace it now with a more efficient one. It came today and the plumber is coming tomorrow to replace it. Well the truck backs up the driveway. It's in a crate. Nikolas hears the truck so he runs to the window and watches. As they unload it, he yells "Mom, Dad's lamp is here!" Now I am confused. I didn't know John was waiting for a lamp to arrive! I said "what are you talking about?" He then replied with "It's Dad's lamp, the leg!" I had to think for a minute and then it came to me! A Christmas Story! The box must have looked like the box in A Christmas Story! I had to convince him that his father did NOT order a leg lamp! God help him if he ever did! :)
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment