Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Bunny, A Cat and a Sick One


Today is the beginning of homecoming week. Got a call from the school around 7:00 last night saying the high school kids should dress up in their favorite costume for today. Lots of time to get something together, right? So we did the best we could. We went simple as they didn't really want anything to call too much attention to themselves anyway. Victoria is a bunny, Shaina is a kitty and Alex is home here with me SICK! He is running a temp over 101. I am kind of hoping this is what the other kids have and he didn't pick up something new on his class trip on Friday. He's pretty much just sleeping and sleeping. Tomorrow is school picture day for him and I am really hoping he kicks this today so he can be in his class picture since it's his first one there. I am a little nervous though because when I brought the kids to school this morning, it looked like a "ghost school". Hardly any kids were standing outside. We were just on time as usual, so that's why I am a bit concerned. Nikolas doesn't have a stuffy nose today, but now that he's back, I am betting by the end of the week he does again! Gabriella usually stays with my Dad when I drop the kids off in the morning so I don't have to get her dressed and take her out too. Well my Dad has something so she was with me this morning. I got Nikolas out of the SUV, gave him a hug and told him to have a good day. I watched him going in the doors (Alex usually walks in with him so this was his first day going in alone) and stood at the corner of the SUV. I heard this screaming/crying coming from the SUV. I had no idea what was wrong. I ran to see and Ella was upset because she thought Nikolas was just going for the ride with us this morning. She didn't know he was staying there. She was crying saying she was calling for him and he couldn't hear her and she couldn't hear him (he yelled good-bye to her). She was so upset! I explained to her that it will be time to go back and get him before she knows it. I promised her fries from Burger King later and we are watching Mama Mia here now. She seems to be OK now. She loves Nikolas and misses him so much when he's at school!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment