Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Stuff

Well it's Monday again! Weekends seem to go by so fast. I didn't get much done this weekend, really didn't go anywhere other than a quick trip to the grocery store.

On an up note, Nikolas is doing much better! He actually ate lunch and breakfast today! He's sitting here next to me on the couch playing Victoria's DS, he is going to be so happy on his birthday when he gets his very own DS!

I am sick now. I feel lousy. I am trying to fight it off. I think I will be heading to bed a little early tonight. It's kind of hard to be sick or to rest with six kids in the house.

We are having an easy dinner tonight. I made a spiral ham yesterday. Well a 1/2 of one. I got a great deal on it at the store and it was pretty tasty too! I made a macaroni and a potato salad to go with it, because I didn't feel good yesterday morning and felt if I got worse as the day went on at least I had some sides. So there is enough ham and salads leftover for tonight's dinner. Easy!

The wind is crazy outside. When I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for Dom to come out of school it was creepy scary how much it was blowing that heavy truck! Oh I am so ready for spring!

Victoria had her first babysitting job for me today. I was in a real bind with getting Dominic a ride home from school. I didn't want him walking with the winds and he still has a nasty cough. I didn't know what to do because I didn't want to take Nikolas out yet because he still is sick. So I decided she was ready. I was probably gone a total of 15 minutes and I luckily got Ella down for a little nap before I left, and Nikolas just hung out in his bed watching Batman. She did a good job. She had it all under control and I think she felt a sense of importance. I have always had a thing about asking the older kids to help with the younger ones. I have felt like I chose to have them, I should be the one doing all the "motherly" things with them. Still I was in a bind and we are a family and family helps one another out, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment