Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bummer of a Summer

Well the 4th is approaching quickly. Usually by this time of yr we have seen some nice hot 80 degree days. Well this has been one bummer of a summer! I think the weather guy said last night that out of the past 30 days, 28 have had precipitation of some sort! Ick! Sometimes it's such a tease too. The day starts out beautiful and the skies open up and it's all downhill from there!

Hmmm, oh John and I both got zapped this summer! John got it the other night when he was installing a ceiling fan and Dominic "said" he turned the power off to that switch. OOPS! I got it a few weeks ago when I was running the vacuum on the patio carpet and didn't realize that there was a wet spot. Ok, here's the story. I preach and preach about the kids leaving glasses on the patio. When you are finished is it so hard to bring it in and put it in the sink or dishwasher? Evidently it is! So someone, who shall remain nameless at this time because here NOBODY does anything, left that glass on the table on the patio. Well we got a nasty storm and it shattered. I went out to clean it up and I got all the big pieces but had to get the little pieces up too. So of course I told them not to come on the patio while I was doing this. Funny how sometimes they listen to me and most times they just don't. This time though the decided to listen! OK, back to the story. I am running the vacuum (this is the one I tried to fix when it broke by super gluing the handle back on and ended up super gluing it to my hand instead, I shouldn't have been so cheap and I should have gone out and bought one then, but I didn't...I mean I have an 8x10 area of carpeting in the house, it wasn't that big of a deal). Well I am vacuuming and I must have hit the wet spot and I got zapped. Knocked me on my butt! Now my Mom was downstairs and she just had her knee replaced and couldn't obviously run upstairs to see what happened....but Alex proceeded to tell her "whatever you do, don't go up on the patio, Mom just got knocked on her butt by the vacuum!" So now Mom is concerned. She is like "oh my gosh, is she OK"? What does my loving, caring son tell her!? "Just don't go up there because you might step on glass!" Yeah...don't worry about Mom who just might have been electrocuted, just don't worry about her because YOU might step on glass! Oh gosh, I can feel the love! Anyway we are both OK and now I know that sometimes my kids do actually listen to me!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment