Friday, July 24, 2009

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

It's funny how some things just spark memories. I was flicking through the channels before and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was on, this was Dominic's all time favorite movie as a child. He would watch it over and over. Given the choice that was the movie he would pick. I think I could probably recite much of the dialogue by now! So this morning I was flicking through, saw it on and stopped for a minute...memories, ya know? Well who walks in the room? Dominic! He sits down on the couch and starts watching it with me! I told him the story about when he was little how he loved the movie. He was laughing. Then I told him he used to call all cars "motor cars". It would be so funny. We would start to get him dressed to go out and he would say to us "Am I going for a ride?" and we would say "Yes" and then he would say with great excitement, "In the MOTOR car?" John and I used to laugh and laugh!!!! Gosh, I haven't thought about that for years! I did tell him this morning what a long way he has come! He has gone all the way from riding in a motor car to driving a motor car! Where do the years go?
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment