Thursday, July 9, 2009

Computers, Computers Everywhere!

I just ordered Dominic's laptop. He saved up all the money himself from his job. He goes to work all the time, never complains and never takes a day off. Of course there is a little set back now as he isn't going to be working the next four days due to drainage problems on the field. Still he has worked hard for this and I think he feels good about himself for buying this on his own. We sat down together, he picked out the artwork he wanted on the front of it and what he wanted inside and he should have it the first week of August. Good things are worth the wait, right? John and I contributed for the extended warranty. He's a good kid, he cuts the grass for us all the time and we figured we would help him along with that a little bit. I can't believe he's 16 years old already. He's growing into such a nice young man. I know I am partial since I am his Mom and all...but he really is a good kid!

We went to Blockbuster before. Shaina has been bugging us to buy the movie Distubria for her. She seems to have a huge crush on that Shia LaBeouf. Her friend from Florida is coming next week to stay with us for a few weeks and she told me they are going to have a Shia LaBeouf marathon. Oh to be young again...isn't puppy love great!? I remember I had pictures of John Stamos hanging all over my room! Oh I thought he was great! I ended up marrying a John, not a John Stamos but I still think I got the better deal with my guy! My only hope is that I don't have a grandson named Shia one day!

Gabriella set her eyes on the Tinkerbell movie there! Oh she had the biggest smile on her face when she saw it! She started watching it one night and fell asleep and never saw the end of it. So Gabriella came out of Blockbuster with a huge smile on her face and a copy of Tinkerbell! I am sure Victoria and Shaina will be sick of it, or maybe they might enjoy a break from The Cat in the Hat, her present movie of choice on her nights.

I made Delmonico steaks on the grill tonight. Nikolas and Gabriella had leftover Chinese food and the other kids had hamburgers. Get this, they will eat a hamburger but not a steak! I feel bad saying we had steaks (Dominic loves steaks so he has one too) and the other kids had hamburgers, but if I made them a steak, they just wouldn't eat it! Then we had this leftover pasta dish that Dominic made when he was at John's Mom's yesterday. Well he's a pretty good cook! He brought home a pizza from there that he made last night and heated it in the oven when he got home and we all had a piece, it was REALLY good!!! He seems to enjoy cooking too! One day, hopfully in the far off future, he will make a woman very happy! Of course she will have to enjoy eating...because everything else he does will probably totally piss her off! Wait til she finds out his clothes can't be washed with anyone else's!

We had a great day today as far as weather! Nikolas, Ella and I played in the yard for quite a while til Nikolas asked to come in because the "bugs were eating him". Oh the bugs were horrible! Still it was nice to see all that sunshine! I think there are a few more days in store too! I can't wait! We have had enough rain already!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment