Thursday, October 28, 2010

Still Alive and Kicking

Although you wouldn't have guessed it from how long it's been since my last post.

I really do try to keep up and I don't know what happens?
I guess I will try to fill you in as best as I can.

Well back in April Dominic got his driver's license. I was super nervous at first but now it's kind of nice having him drive the girls to and from school every day. Of course I still worry. That's my job!

Ok, we started a new school year. Dominic is a senior this yr, Victoria is in 9th grade, Shaina in 8th, Alex in 6th and Nikolas in first grade. Gabriella is still at home this one last yr with me and I am really enjoying that one on one time with her.

What else? Well we went down to South Carolina and Georgia for vacation again this yr. LOVE it there! I love Savannah! We actually hit a cloudy day down there and were able to walk around quite a bit since it wasn't so hot, you felt like melting. We walked along River Street, went to the square where Forest Gump was filmed, went to Colonial Park Cemetery and a few other things. It was a great day! We also spent a lot of time on the beach and had some really awesome food in South Carolina! When that week is over I think about how much I would love to live there one day. Maybe one day! I can keep dreaming and hoping!

Victoria has been doing pom poms/dance team at school this year. She really seems to enjoy it and I love watching her! She does such a great job! She thinks she's going to try out for cheerleading for the next season. I am so glad she has this go for it attitude! I want them to try whatever their hearts desire. Even if they don't succeed, they will know they tried and never wonder "what if"? I feel I missed out on so much because I was so shy and coming from a private school everyone was already taking part in things over the summer, things I didn't even know existed. I want these yrs to be the best years of their lives!

Shaina has opted not to do this whole pom/pom thing. She was on stage crew last year and seemed to like that. I think sometimes she wants to do things but she doesn't want to be too much like Victoria. I keep telling her to do whatever she wants to do. She and Victoria are close in age, they are going to be involved in some things together and that is OK!

Alex is still Alex. He's still forgetful and carefree! I keep trying with him but I just don't know if this is going to be his personality? He's very sweet and loving though and that I don't want to change. I will accept him and love him for who he is. The kids all came in the one day....one after the other telling me about things that happened in school, test grades, projects presented...even Nikolas! Alex walks through the door and says to me "guess what I learned in school today!?" So now I am excited! Did something click? Did he really want to learn something new!? He then comes over and does this strange thing with his arm and says "I learned I am double jointed!" That's my Alex! Hey, maybe it will prepare him for a career under the big top! LOL

Nikolas and Gabriella are growing like weeds! I can't believe that Nikolas is now in first grade and this is Gabriella's last year home before starting kindergarten!

Halloween is just around the corner. Just when I thought I was down to buying three costumes the girls came home and said they were invited to a Halloween party. Victoria is going to be a punk pirate, Shaina a lady jailbird, Alex a werewolf, Nikolas a ghoul and Gabriella is going to be Batgirl (the pink version). She really wanted Nikolas to be Batman but he didn't want to be that again this year...but she gave it a good try! She's a very strong willed and stubborn child. I will remember to keep her kindergarten teacher in my prayers next year that she makes it through the year with that one!

Well I guess that is it for now! Hopefully I will be back before next year! Next year is just around the corner though (in my defense!) :)
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment